Tom Kha Hed (Thai Coconut Mushroom Soup)
1 tsp grape seed oil
2 thumbs chopped galangal
1 chopped purple onion
1 stalk lemongrass
2 cups vegetable broth
2 1/2 cups So Good Almond Unsweetened Milk
1 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbs tamarind paste
4 sliced tomatoes
2 cups oyster mushroom
- Pre-heat a pot and bring to medium heat.
- Add in the oil.
- Add in the galangal, lemongrass, and onion and cook until for 2 minutes.
- Add in the vegetables broth, bring to a boil and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Add in the So Good Almond Unsweetened Milk, salt, and tamarind paste, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Remove the aromatics from the soup.
- Add in the mushroom and tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with cilantro.