Almond, pistachio and raspberry ice cream
Almond, pistachio and raspberry ice cream is delicious dairy free dessert with a wonderful blend of textures.
- 4 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup (75g) raw cane sugar
- 2 cups (500mls) So Good Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 1/2 cup (70g) pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh, frozen or canned raspberries
- Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, for about 5 minutes, until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the almond milk into a saucepan and bring to a simmer. Remove immediately then pour the hot milk slowly over the egg yolk mixture, whisking constantly.
- Return the mixture to the clean saucepan and cook over low heat, stirring continuously with a wooden spoon until the mixture coats the back of the spoon. Do not let the custard boil.
- Pass the mixture through a fine sieve then allow to cool. Meanwhile, clean and remove any stalks from the raspberries. Mash together the raspberries using a fork. If using canned, drain the syrup off first. Frozen raspberries can be left frozen and broken with a fork.
- When the custard has cooled to room temperature, stir through the raspberry mash and chopped pistachios. Cover and freeze, turning every hour or so until frozen, or put in an ice cream machine and blend according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Store in freezer in a covered container until ready to serve. Leave the ice cream to thaw for 10 minutes, before rolling into scoops. Sprinkle with chopped pistachios to serve.
- Any berries or summer fruits like nectarines, cherries and peaches can be substituted.
- Dip in roughly chopped flaked almonds and chia seeds for extra crunch.
- Serve in an ice cream cone, or with fresh fruit salad in a bowl.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)0.9