Skippy cornflake french toast with fried bananas
Why not try this sweet crunchy breakfast for for a fresh take on your daily cornflakes.
- 3 cups of Skippy Cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup trim milk or So Good Almond Milk
- 4 slices wholegrain bread
- 2 tsp low fat margarine
- 2 tbs liquid honey
- 2 bananas, peeled, sliced
- 2 tbs flaked almonds
- 1/4 cup greek yoghurt
- Place Skippy™ Cornflakes in a sealed plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin or book. Tip into a dish or tray before mixing in cinnamon. Place beaten eggs in another flat dish and mix in the almond milk. Dip the bread slices one at a time into the egg mix and then into the cornflakes.
- Heat a frypan on a medium heat. Melt the first tablespoon of the margarine until bubbling. Fry each piece of dipped bread for 2-3 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Heat another frypan with the second tablespoon of margarine and the honey. Add the banana slices and almonds and fry for 2 minutes until caramelised.
- Serve each piece of toast with caramelised banana and almonds on top, with a dollop of yoghurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Try seasonal fruits like plums, nectarines and peaches instead of bananas.
Saturated Fat (g)3.0
Dietary Fibre (g)3.9