Natural banana bread
A treat that’s a delicious and good for you too! This natural banana bread recipe is perfect for a mid-morning snack or light afternoon tea.
- Prep time 15 mins
- Cook time 60 mins
- Servings 10
- 1 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 1 cup white self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup light olive oil
- ½ cup So Good Regular soy milk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla essence
- 1 banana, extra
- Sift flours and cinnamon into a large bowl.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except extra banana and gently fold into dry ingredients.
- Place mixture into a greased and lined 12cm x 22cm loaf tin.
- Cut extra banana into 4 even slices lengthwise and arrange on top of banana bread.
- Bake in a slow oven, 150ºC, for 1 hour. Cuts into 10 slices.
- Using very ripe bananas give this recipe sweetness without adding sugar.
Saturated Fat (g)2.0
Dietary Fibre (g)3.6