Bircher muesli is a classic, simple, healthy recipe that’s super easy to whip up.
- 1 green apple, grated
- 1 cup soy or dairy milk
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ cup sultanas
- 1 cup vanilla soy or dairy yoghurt
- 200g blueberries
- Combine the apple, milk and maple syrup in a large bowl, then stir in the oats.
- Cover and soak overnight in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C. Spread the almonds evenly on a baking tray and toast for 5-8 minutes, or until golden.
- Before serving, stir the sultanas and toasted almonds into the oat mixture. Drizzle with vanilla yoghurt and serve with blueberries.
- Maple syrup can be replaced with honey if preferred.
Saturated Fat (g)2
Dietary Fibre (g)4.4