Sweet Potato and Date Bubble Tea
- 3 cups So Good Regular Almond milk
- 150g roasted sweet potato/taro/ube
- 35g pitted dates
- 2 Tbs oolong or black tea
- 1 cup hot water
- ¾ cup tapioca pearls
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbs coconut sugar
- Roast/boil/steam your sweet potato until cooked.
- Let the sweet potato cool, then peel.
- Cook your tapioca pearls.
- Steep the loose tea leaves in the hot water for 3 minutes.
- Place the dates in the strained tea and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Place the dates, tea, sweet potato, and So Good Regular Almond milk into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Prepare 3 glasses and distribute the tapioca pearls.
- Add in 1 cup of ice to each glass, then pour in the blended mix.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Place the water in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the tapioca pearls and bring to down to medium heat.
- Mix and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and strain.
- Place in a bowl and mix in the coconut sugar.
- Roasted sweet potato usually comes out sweeter than boiling or steaming, but steamed or boiled potatoes will also work.
- Cooking your potatoes beforehand and storing in the refrigerator will save you prep time.
Saturated Fat (g)0.3
Dietary Fibre (g)4