Saba Con Hielo / Sweet Bananas
- Prep time 20 mins
- Servings 4
- 6 ripe saba bananas
- 2 tbs coconut sugar
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 3 cups regular So Good Regular Almond Milk
- 4 cups ice
- 50g uncooked small sago 300g frozen banana
Minatamis na Saba
- Peel and chop the saba bananas into ½ inch thick coins.
- Place in a small pot with the water.
- Bring to a boil, then bring the heat down to low.
- Keep cooking for 5 minutes.
- Add in the coconut sugar.
- Mix and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Pour 4 ½ cups water into a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add in the sago, bring down the heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat, strain and rinse.
Saba Con Hielo
- Divide the sweetened cooked saba banana into 4 glasses.
- Place the ice and So Good Regular Almond milk into a blender and blend until you have a slushy consistency.
- Divide the almond slush into the 4 glasses.
- Place the frozen bananas into a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth, and have an ice-cream like consistency (add a splash of So Good Regular Almond milk if needed)
- Divide into the 4 glasses.
- Top with cooked sago/tapioca pearls, and banana nice cream.
- Serve and enjoy!
Saturated Fat (g)0.4
Dietary Fibre (g)5