Creamy pumpkin fettucine
This vegan pumpkin fettucine is super creamy and bursting with flavour. This dish will be sure to delight all your lunch and dinner guests. It uses So Good Oat milk and this combines with the other ingredients to make the best dairy free pasta. This healthy meal is great all year round and leftovers are perfect for lunch or tea the next day.
- Prep time 25 mins
- Cook time 40 mins
- Servings 4
- 800g pumpkin, peeled and de-seeded
- 2 large cloves garlic, unpeeled
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups So Good™ Oat No Added Sugar
- 4 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp vegetable stock powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 250g dried fettuccine
- 2 handfuls fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Crunchy Breadcrumb Topping
3 pieces bread (approximately 100g)
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 210ºC fan bake and line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Dice pumpkin into 1-2cm cubes and arrange on prepared tray. Add garlic cloves in the middle of the tray. Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until browned around the edges.
- Meanwhile, make the breadcrumb topping. Use a food processor or blender to turn bread into breadcrumbs. Crush garlic. Heat oil in a large frying pan on mediumhigh. Add breadcrumbs, garlic and a little salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown and crisp (about 5 minutes). Transfer to a plate.
- Add approximately two thirds of the cooked pumpkin to the food processor or blender. Squeeze garlic out of the skin and add to processor or blender with the oat milk, nutritional yeast, stock powder, sage and paprika. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook fettuccine for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until al dente.
- While fettuccine cooks, transfer sauce to the frying pan used to cook the breadcrumbs. Heat on medium, stirring frequently, until sauce is hot and has thickened a little. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of the pasta cooking water, then drain fettuccine and toss through the sauce together with the remaining cooked pumpkin and some of the pasta water.
- Divide between warmed serving bowls and top with basil and breadcrumbs. Serve immediately.
Add some extra veggies to the meal by stirring a couple of handfuls of baby spinach into the sauce while heating.
Saturated Fat (g)3
Dietary Fibre (g)4.6