Banana oat cookies
These grab-and-go cookies are a delicious treat for any time of the day.
- Prep time 10 mins
- Cook time 10 mins
- Servings 18
- 1/2 cup So Good Regular Soy Milk
- 1 very ripe medium banana, mashed
- 1/4 cup light flavoured olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1/4 cup wholemeal self-raising flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger or cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, sugar, spice, salt, and mix-ins.
- Whisk So Good milk, banana, and olive oil in a jug. Add wet ingredients to dry and mix well.
- Scoop heaped tablespoons of batter onto prepared tray and flatten slightly. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies are golden and firm.
- Cool on pan for 2 – 3 minutes, then move to a rack and cool completely.
- If using rolled oats instead of quick oats, pulse briefly in a food processor before measuring.
- Any combination of mix-ins, from nuts and seeds to choc-chips and dried fruit, will work. Simply use a total of 1/2 cup of mix-ins of choice, to replace the chocolate and walnuts.
Saturated Fat (g)1
Dietary Fibre (g)1.2